Saturday, January 10, 2009

The NICU journey finally ends (Sat 1/10/09)

The day that I was not sure would ever come this time last week finally came. Kenzie was released from the hospital yesterday and is at home with us at last! The doctor said that she was now considered a "normal" baby, so we do not have any monitors or medications that have to be used at home. I don't think that helped me sleep last night, though, as I was up most of the night listening for little baby noises that would assure me that she was OK. She also seemed to be hungry every 2 hours and would happily chug down 70cc's of milk each time. She is quite the little piglet, I must say!!!

Kailey was there to pick up her little sister and was so excited to have her finally come home. She is quite the little mommy...very concerned with when she ate, how much she ate and what kind of dirty diaper she has! Karson was a bit more reserved, he didn't really care to much either way it seemed. He came over to see the baby, give her a couple of pats, and then went on his way. This morning he made Kevin take him to look in the bassinet and once he saw her, he seemed to be fine that she was still here!

The past 11 days have have been quite a test of my faith, mind, body and spirit. I appreciate every last one of you for your keeping up with our journey and offering your kind words and prayers, as they were part of the fuel that kept us going. We feel so blessed and fortunate to have made it through, and there are just no words to express how grateful we are.

3 comments:

  1. Our God has answered our prayers. Your distant cousin, Virgie Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy to here that she is home at last! Can't wait to see that beautiful girl. Give her a kiss for me!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA!! I'm glad y'all are finally home!! congrats on a beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete