Sunday, January 4, 2009

I saw God today... (Sat 1/3/09)

I just love that song by George Strait...so I borrowed the title. And it really means more to me now that it did before I had Kenzie.


What a blessed day we had Saturday. I was discharged from the hospital...I have never seen a nurse move so fast! She knew I was anxious to get to Kenzie so she didn't mess around! I am very thankful to everyone at Medical Center of Plano for everything that they did for us during our stay.


When we got to the hospital, we were greeted with very good news. They were continuing weaning her off of her meds and the machines. We were able to change her diaper and she opened her eyes. I could really feel her looking at me...I could feel that she knew who I was. I could see Kenzie in there, fighting away.

By the end of the day, she was completely off the dulbutamine, one of the blood pressure meds, and they were working on weaning her off the dopamine. They were also able to lower her nitric oxide and oxygen and reduce the pressure on the ventilator. She is also completely off her antibiotics and has not run a fever since she arrived. She is already improving and the nurses and doctors are amazed at how quickly our little girl is doing. The doctor does remind us, though, that she is still critical and that she could turn for the worse, but we are basking in the good news for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment