Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Closer to home (Wed 1/7/09)


Dr. Brennan called this morning with the news that they were going to transfer Kenzie back to Medical Center of Plano today! She has been doing very well with her feedings and did fantastic without the oxygen last night!

They have left her arterial line in because she is a "hard stick" for the IV's and he will leave it up to the doctors at Plano to decide when to take it out. He diagnosed her with "idiopathic" pulmonary hypertension...meaning they cannot find any reason that this happened, just the switch did not get flipped when she was born and that he cannot see any long term effects on her. We are so happy that she has done so well and recovered so quickly and that she will be closer to home.

I just hope that she won't be disappointed that she doesn't get another helicopter ride!!! =)

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing!!! I can't wait to see her!! I'm so glad you all decided to take Kailey down yesterday! I know it just made it all real for her. I wish I could have seen her face!!! See you very soon!
    Much love!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. The news just gets better and better! The pictures are wonderful! I made the one with you, kailey and kenzie my desktop background it makes me smile!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete