Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ding, Dong, the tube is gone!!! (Mon 1/5/09 pm)

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their calls, emails, thoughts, prayers and presence through this very difficult time. You have been a great source of strength for us, and we would not have been able to make it through this far without you!

When I called to check on Kenzie tonight, we received fantastic news! They had just extubated her and put her on a nasal cannula (this is the clear tubing that people that need oxygen supplementation wear.) This is a step down from the CPAP machine that we expected her to be on once she was removed from the vent!!! I am so thankful for her rapid progress. I can feel that I am getting closer and closer to getting to hold my little girl for the first time! There is also a little spot at the end of her nose that is just calling out to be kissed. =)

Kenzie is starting to have issues with her IV's. They have to move them often because she starts to swell around the site. She also had some "green secretions" collecting in her stomach that they were monitoring. They inserted a tube to remove the secretions so they did not continue to build up. They have postponed feeding her for another day or so due to this issue, so I am hoping that this too will be resolved soon.

2 comments:

  1. That is such great news!!!! Thinking about you and sending prayers your way!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!!! I'm so excited! I can't believe her vent has been removed. I can't WAIT to come down and see her again! I'll get to see her top lip now! :-)

    ReplyDelete